Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Initial Impressions

Basically I feel like I am on another planet right now. I am a little out of my comfort zone...mainly because I am by myself. I am excited to meet people today. Here are some pictures from my first two days though:

Plane I took from Chicago to Hong Kong--also took this plane to Saigon. This is at Hong Kong airport. 
Mountains were beautiful.

Catholic school across street from my hotel

Another view of my hotel


Continental Breakfast of Hotel - yummm

This was my favorite part--the decor of the cafe of the hotel was American sports memorabilia--many of it signed...including M. Ali! Not sure if tiny hotel cafe is best place for this but pretty funny.

Birds in Viet Nam News

Adventuring outside

So crazy--many people wear masks (see left)


Motorbike Madness

Mini Apple store


Supermarket/Grocery store. Busiest place I have ever seen.

Empress Hotel--where I stayed first 2 nights in VN

Video of one of the intersections I was about to cross--sorry for the shakiness--I was trying to make sure no one was going to come up and steal my camera.

Okay I am getting ready to check out of my hotel now. Off to another exciting adventure today...

No comments:

Post a Comment