Sunday, September 18, 2011

motorcycle diaries-entry #1

I want to announce the biggest change in my life that just occurred yesterday. I am happy to exclaim that my own motorcycle diaries are about to begin.  I purchased it off of a nice girl named Mimi who drove it from Hanoi to Saigon and wanted to quickly sell it before heading off to Cambodia. She was asking for $300 but after taking it to a motorbike repair shop and finding nooks and crannies that will need some adjustments, I was able to bargain down to $225.
there she sits, ladies and gentlemen.

Okay maybe I don't look the part yet...still working on that :)

It is a Honda Wave 110cc. Motorbikes are interesting here--mostly all of them are Honda's. I have seem a couple Yamaha's but almost all motorbikes are made by Honda. However, they are either made by Honda in Japan, or made by "Honda" in China. The one's from Japan are much more expensive and surely are of much higher quality. Mine unfortunately falls under the latter category (even though there is a sticker on it that says "Made in Japan"--so sneaky!). However, I think it will make do for my purposes. Definitely not planning on having this thing for a lifetime.

1 comment: