Friday, October 21, 2011

hi ho, hi ho, off to the field we gooo...

Currently packing for my first field trip. I can't believe it is actually here. I guess it can be considered somewhat of a "practice" field trip, as it is supposed to be a good place for me to start at--meaning the area is fairly flat and the mosquitoes are supposedly "not so bad". We are going to Bin Chau Nature Reserve which I guess is about a 2 hour drive from Saigon. It does not really have a large babbler population, but like I said, it is somewhat of a practice field trip. Definitely think it will be best to ease into this...

I went with with someone from the CBD to go pick out clothes for the field, as I really did not bring many with me. Apparently what everyone thinks is best are these US Army uniforms. I guess they were manufactured but never issued or anything. But I find it absolutely crazy that I will be wearing a US Army uniform to venture out into the wilderness of Vietnam to survey birds, while the previous generation was doing the exact same as me right now, but for a completely different purpose. Boy, how things have changed. 

See you in a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment